Engineering Printers in Denver

When it comes to the thousands of different models in engineering plotters, you have a wide selection of different choices. The varying ink formulations will differ for the types of printheads and specialized printing applications. For example, you will have a different application for art, photography, vehicle wraps, apparel, wallpaper, and indoor and outdoor signs. The ink used for a design studio will not be the same as what you might use for a commercial or industrial application. The six major inks include:

  • Aqueous Pigment Inks
  • Aqueous Water-Based Inks
  • Aqueous Dye Inks
  • Eco-Solvent Inks
  • Solvent Inks
  • UV-Cure Inks

Pigment ink will make use of colorants and particles that are suspended in glycol. They will have better resistance to water and fade than what you might receive with a dye-based ink. An aqueous water-based ink will be found in the office environment, and it will use ink that the colorants suspend in the water. You have two types of colorant with this ink—pigments and dyes—and each ink has a different property. Aqueous dye inks have tiny dye molecules that do not stand against water. However, this ink costs less than the other pigment inks, and it produces a vibrant and lively color.

With an eco-solvent ink, this is a great choice for sign makers. The ink particles are less toxic than solvent inks, and they have been refined from mineral oil. As a result, they will be less toxic. Solvent inks have been developed so that sign makers have a less expensive choice. It’s an excellent choice for billboards and outdoor signs. Using UV-cure ink, it proves extraordinarily resilient when exposed to UV light. For further information on inks and engineering plotters, call United Reprographic at (303)680-1100. We have excellent relationships with media manufacturers, and we can deliver inks fast!